Friday, July 31, 2009

Coco's Crepes & Coffee Review

Coco's Crepes & Coffee and I have a history. I've taken many people to this place and it's primarily for one reason: their awesome crepes! But recently, my affair with Coco's has evolved into something much more serious and not just your usual late night after dinner calls for dessert. I had failed to see there was more to Coco's than her sweet rewards. I came to realize Coco's Crepes & Coffee also serves a good lunch!

Coco's Crepes & Coffee is owned by the same folks who own Mia Bella and Saffron. In fact, the owner is one of coolest, nicest guys: Ali Bendella, who served me a tray of crepe samples on my birthday last year. Bendella was able to incorporate his Mediterranean upbringing into his food and even the ambiance of this cozy café. Enter and there's even Electronic/Arabesque music playing.

Lately, I've become infatuated with Coco's Turkey Spinach Panini. Nothing like a crisp sandwich to entice my taste buds and satisfy my appetite. It's the succulent mayo in this panini which has a special taste to it. I also had their very special Coco Loco smoothie, which tastes like a refreshing Piña Colada without the alcohol. Boo! Price tag: about $9.

But a trip to Coco's wouldn't be complete without having a taste of their notorious crepes. One single bite and this 5-min. affair might turn into a long-term relationship. I go for the classic Nutella crepe (Nutella is a pretty famous worlwide brand of chocolate hazelnut spread). The crepe's dough is not as paper-thin as the ones they'd serve in Europe, but it is pretty darn close and just as delish. Price tag: about $4

Coco's Crepes & Coffee has outdoor sitting for those who like to people watch-and believe me, there are lots of pedestrians on this side of Midtown. They also have Wi-Fi for the "social networkers."

One of my favorite places in town, Coco's Crepes & Coffee gets a BURP! using my rating system of BURP=delish!, GULP=pretty good, and BARF=yuk.


Coco's Crepes & Coffee
218 Gray St.
Houston, TX 77002
(713) 521-0700

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a crepe from here right now in Maui!

    ReplyDelete