Monday, July 13, 2009

Julia's Bistro Review

For those who don't know, anything "bistro" means it's going to be tiny portions. So, walking into Julia's Bistro for lunch, I had arrived with the pre-conceived notion I was not going to be full. However, Julia's Bistro is a really nice place, especially, if you're looking for a place to impress your date. It serves a fusion of Mexican and Latin American cuisine. It's posh, colorful and contemporary, so you might want to dress up for this one.

Anything "bistro" also means it's going to be pricey. Luckily, my co-worker and I were there to take advantage of the lunch menu.

I was really craving something healthy, so I went for the "Croquetas de Salmón" (salmon croquettes crusted with bread crumbs) without realizing I had ordered from the appetizer section. When the plate came in, I was shocked to see the food was really, really tiny. For sure, I was not going to be full! Needless to say, the salmon was heavenly. It was crisp, tangy and tasted like delicacy. I killed it in 5-min., but I was still very hungry!

Thankfully, my co-worker and her Mixto Exotica were staring right at my face. She kindly shared half of her delicious, exotic salad which included shrimp, a mix of fruit, like pineapple and mango, and was served with a Tahitian vanilla vinaigrette dressing. Her salad was plenty enough to be shared by two people (or at least that's what my co-worker said after I asked her if this was enough for her). She also ordered the Potato Soup and was extremely pleased by it.

Figuring I still had room for dessert, I decided to go ahead and order the Bread Pudding. Let me tell you, fresh off the oven, this was as good as it gets.

Julia's Bistro may be a bit pricey (our bill came out to be about $40 including our two drinks), but the food is really great. Using my rating system of BURP=delish!, GULP=pretty good, and BARF=yuk, I'd say this place gets a BURP!


3722 Main Street
Houston, TX 77002
(713) 807-0090

No comments:

Post a Comment