Monday, August 24, 2009

Ray's Franks n More Review

Hidden within the Warehouse District is one of Houston's prized new jewels: a hot dog restaurant! Ray's Franks n More is located where the romantic Dharma Cafe used to be. But Ray's Franks n More is way far from romantic. It's a fun place to be laid back and have what I consider one of the best wieners in town!

With terrorizing names like the "Mummy" or the "Chupacabra," and a set-up reminescent of classic Brooklin delis, Ray's Franks n More makes an artistry of hot dog combinations. The idea is for your appetite to suffer a delicious, horrific death!

Try the Freddy Kruger. It's what I had. This monstrous dog is as wicked as it gets with crispy "scissor sticks" of onions and jalapeƱos covered with cheese, slashed over a tender bun . I also opted to go for the "overachiever" Corn Dog, which is extremely perverted in size and twice the size of the corn dogs you'd normally get at the school cafeteria. Two dogs + sweet tea= About $12

My friend chose to go to the exotic side and had the Curry Mustard hot dog. His opinion on the Curry Mustard dog is that it pales in comparison to the dogs he had at street vendors in Austin. However, he seemed quite satisfied with his outcome.
If you're a hot dog lover, you've got to try this one. Using my rating system of BURP=delish!, GULP=pretty good, and BARF=yuk, Ray's Franks n More gets a BURP!
Beware, this place closes at 7 p.m.

Ray's Franks n More
1302 Nance Street
Houston, TX 77002
(713) 224-6441
(Sorry, no official website yet)

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a BURP grade! I hope I can have a taste of those delicious hotdogs! But before that, I'd like to focus more on my menu. We'll have a gas barbecues reviews this weekend and I haven't check a gas barbecues sale. I hope I can catch this one and drop by the restau! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete